I've been MIA from blog world because I have been up to my elbows in wedding plans the past couple of weeks! You see, having been with my dear fiance, Greg, for 5 years, I am ready to seal the deal. Sooo, after he proposed on January 2nd, I have been full speed. The wedding will be May 5, at the fabulous Moon River Ranch.
Enough about me, here are a couple of winter-friendly ideas for you.
Everything Christmas is on sale right now - including Christmas cards that are simply winter-themed. I made CVC puzzles using some cards. I just wrote the words with a sharpie, laminated, and cut with fun scissors.
We actually did these before Christmas, but I think they make nice winter tree scenes. The children colored various sized trees in any way they desired using oil pastels and cut them out. They painted a sky using liquid water color on a sheet of water color paper. Then they arranged and glued on the trees. Last, they used a pencil eraser and white paint to add snow. Cute, huh?!
Saturday, January 14, 2012
Monday, January 2, 2012
I am so excited to announce that I have been given my first award from Tanya at Ms. Solano's Kindergarten! Thank you Tanya, I am truly honored and encouraged by your recognition.
These are the rules:
1. Thank the person that nominated you with a link back to them.
2. Tell 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award on to 15 newly discovered blogs and let them know that they’ve received an award!
Here we go with my 7 things:
1. I never pass up an opportunity to share photos of my furry children, Precious (Chihuahua, 5) and Molli (Mini Schnauzer, 10 months). Would I be crazy to send out a Christmas card of them with their names and ages just like everyone else does with their human children?
got received a "how to crochet" book and set for Christmas and have practiced three basic stitches - chain, single and double, and still find it all to be difficult. I have so far made a long skinny piece of yellow yarn that somewhat resembles a banana.
3. I didn't know I wanted to be a kindergarten teacher until I was a kindergarten teacher. I always thought I would teach fourth grade. The kindergarteners that buddy read with my "big kids" during internship frightened me a bit. Now I'm a bit frightened by the big kids. I LOVE my babies! (I'm sure I would be in love with any age
other than middle school.
4. I am blessed with a best friend that also happens to be my sister, Tiffany. Here she is with her cute hubby.
5. I have a question of the day in my classroom. It is the first things the kids to in the morning. I can do so much with it! Graphing activities, sight word practice, quick surveys of whether or not they enjoyed something we did, assess what they are learning, practice decoding and reading strategies etc. This example was from when the Rangers were in the World Series.... sad face.
6. Speaking of the Rangers, I am a fan of the Dallas Cowboys, Texas Longhorns, and since I have been dating my sweetheart Greg, my sports fandom has expanded to the Dallas Mavericks and the Texas Rangers. However, I must admit it is easier for me to "get into" games in post-season. And apparently, according to Greg, that doesn't make me a serious fan.
7. If I wasn't a teacher I would be a psychologist or counselor of some sort.
Now, for some fabulous newly discovered blogs! For this list, I went out and discovered some new blogs that inspire! I hope you find someone new to follow on this list.