Saturday, January 14, 2012

I'm Getting Married!

I've been MIA from blog world because I have been up to my elbows in wedding plans the past couple of weeks! You see, having been with my dear fiance, Greg, for 5 years, I am ready to seal the deal. Sooo, after he proposed on January 2nd, I have been full speed. The wedding will be May 5, at the fabulous Moon River Ranch.

Enough about me, here are a couple of winter-friendly ideas for you.



Everything Christmas is on sale right now - including Christmas cards that are simply winter-themed. I made CVC puzzles using some cards. I just wrote the words with a sharpie, laminated, and cut with fun scissors.



We actually did these before Christmas, but I think they make nice winter tree scenes. The children colored various sized trees in any way they desired using oil pastels and cut them out. They painted a sky using liquid water color on a sheet of water color paper. Then they arranged and glued on the trees. Last, they used a pencil eraser and white paint to add snow. Cute, huh?!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your blog! Such cute ideas! :)
Cheryl
Crayons and Curls

Kim said...

Love all the cute ideas! congrats on the upcoming wedding! I'm your newest follower! Come check me out and enter my giveaway!

Kim
Growing Up Teaching

Mrs. M said...

Congratulations! Marriage is a wonderful thing :)

Color Me Kinder

kara.treadwell said...

Love the creative CVC cards! I'm a new follower so I tagged you at "bloggy tag", check it out at:
http://treadwellsmathadventures.blogspot.com/2012/01/bloggy-tag.html

I'd love your support!
-Kara Treadwell