Sunday, November 18, 2012

Firsties!

Well I've been gone a while, but I've missed blogging! I'm now settled into married life AND first grade. As much as I loved kindergarten, I am really enjoying my firsties. I always said I never wanted to leave K, and now I feel that way about 1st. 
We've had a busy and wonderful year. Since I have not been blogging lately, I haven't been taking many pictures, but I do have one of our cute voting booth we made for elections! The children painted a refrigerator box blue, and made decorations for the outside. I hung a curtain and created a patriotic ballot box. It was so much fun! The children had to bring voter registration cards to vote. We are extending the lesson right now as each 1st-5th grade class holds a "primary" to nominate a candidate to be a mascot. Then each class will campaign for the mascot before we take a vote! Anyway, here's the booth: 
I have more I can't wait to talk about, including my SchoolGirlStyle inspired room decor, and how I've been implementing Daily Five in my class this year!
Pin It

No comments: